With Christmas now out of the way, you’re probably due a clear out! Why traipse to the local car-boot sale and stand out in the cold when we can do it all for you….
Have you ever wondered about selling your treasured possessions or family heirlooms at auction, but have never done so before because you don’t know how to?
It doesn’t have to be complicated or daunting. Read on to follow the simple process here at Sheffield Auction Gallery…
- Can you bring your item(s) to us or do you require a Valuer to come to you?
- Our Sheffield Saleroom is conveniently located just off the A61 (Chesterfield Road) at Heeley next door to the Heeley Retail Park. We have a carpark and are fully disabled accessible. If you have items of a Specialist nature, it’s worthwhile ringing us on 0114 281 6161 to make sure a Specialist Valuer is available to see you. Generally, valuation days are Jewellery on Mondays and all other items Tuesdays, Wednesdays & Thursdays from 10am to 4pm and and one Saturday per month 9am to 12pm for all items.
- If you can’t come to us, please call 0114 281 6161 to arrange for a Valuer to come to you. Alternatively you can email us – email@example.com
- Is there a closer location to you than our Sheffield Saleroom? We host many free valuation events around the region, please see our website to see where we are going… https://sheffieldauctiongallery.com/valuations.htm
- Our Valuer will initially advise whether your items are saleable, what their estimated auction value is, whether you would like to set reserves on them and finally which auction(s) they are most likely to go into. The Valuer will make all charges/fees clear to you at this point. Your items will then be securely stored in our building until the week prior to the auction.
- The week prior to the auction, we will send you a “pre-auction notification” reminding you that your items will be offered in the next auction, this will state the estimate/reserves you agreed with the Valuer.
- If your item(s) sell, we will send out a cheque to you in the post, generally 2 to 3weeks after the auction, with all charges already deducted. If your item fails to sell, we normally will re-offer them in the next suitable auction, with the original estimate halved. (You will be notified of this by a subsequent pre-auction notification as above).
See; that wasn’t complicated was it?
We have a full range of auctions through the year, which include our fortnightly Antiques & Collectables Auction, a monthly Saturday Household Auction and a range of Specialist Auctions which can be found on our website. If you have more valuable items, we also have our signature Antique & Fine Art Auction and Silver, Jewellery & Watches Auction which are usually 3 to 4 times per year.
Next time; we’ll look at the process of “buying at auction”