There are 5 ways to bid in our auctions:-
- In person, in our auction rooms in Sheffield. You need to register for a bidding number (paddle) at reception before entering the saleroom. When the Auctioneer announces the Lot(s) you wish to bid on, hold your bidding number up clearly so to get the Auctioneer’s attention. The auctioneer will announce the bidder’s number of the successful winner on the fall of the hammer. Lots can be paid for and collected the same day.
- You may leave a Commission Bid(s) at the saleroom office by filling in a “Commission Bid Form”. You will be emailed an invoice after the auction ends if you are the successful buyer.
- You may submit Commission Bid(s) online via our website – https://sheffieldauctiongallery.com/commission_bid_form.htm
- You may request a Telephone Bid on a Lot(s) (where the estimate is over £200) by calling the saleroom office on 0114 281 6161. A member of staff will call you a few Lots prior to your lot. As the auctioneer is selling the Lot they will ask you for the next bid and you say yes or no.
- Online Bidding in real-time, using one of the two online platforms streaming our auction with both video and audio so that you can watch and listen as the auction is ongoing: –
Please note that both of these services make an additional charge for their services, so please be fully aware of all charges before bidding
Please remember that our “Buyers Premium” of 20% plus VAT (24% total) is payable on the hammer price of all lots purchased at auction. It is important to remember that bidding and buying in auction is a legally binding contract to pay for your goods and remove them from the auction saleroom, should you be successful.
Happy bidding and good luck!