For the purpose of the Data Protection Act (the "Act"), the data controller is Sheffield Auction Gallery ("SAG", "us", "our" or "we").
Please read the following carefully to understand our views and practices regarding your personal data and how we will treat it.
1. INFORMATION WE MAY COLLECT FROM YOU
Sheffield Auction Gallery may monitor visits to the Website, in order principally, to ensure that it is easy to navigate, identify the areas that are of particular interest to visitors and generally improve the Website and services offered. The information Sheffield Auction Gallery collects in this process, will not identify you as an individual and it does not seek to identify individual visitors unless they volunteer their contact details through one of the forms on the Website.
In some circumstances, Sheffield Auction Gallery's records may identify organisations visiting the Website and Sheffield Auction Gallery may use that information in managing its relationship with those organisations, for example, in considering how to develop the services that it offers.
We may collect the following information from you regarding:
- any business information that you submit such us the name of your company and/or trading name (contact person and position within the company, website address, type of activity of your company and the number of employees) and your full professional address with contact details and email address;
- information that you provide by filling in forms, submitting bids, valuation requests or information over the phone, by post, email, fax or on the Website. This includes information provided on registration, subscribing to any one of our services, through surveys, by posting material on the Website or by requesting services from us;
- if you contact us, whether through the Website or otherwise (for example, by post, email, fax, phone, text message) we may keep a record of that correspondence. For example, if you submit a bid, a valuation request, a query, a complaint or a refund request, report a problem with our service or Website, or otherwise liaise with our customer service, technical support or any other department in our company, we may keep such record;
- we may also ask you to complete surveys that we use for research purposes, although you do not have to respond to them;
- your IP address (this is your computer's individual identification number for internet connection) is automatically logged by our web server. This is used to note your interest in this Website;
- details of your visits to our Website (including, but not limited to, traffic data, location data, weblogs and other communication data and the resources that you access;
The above information may include any personal information that relates to and identifies you, including but not limited to your name, postal address, email address, telephone number, and any other information collected as set out in the above list.
Sheffield Auction Gallery may check some of the information that you provide against third party databases to confirm that it is accurate.
2. HOW WE MAY USE THE INFORMATION COLLECTED FROM YOU
We may process this information for the purpose of:
- informing you about new auctions, new lots for auction, and other services provided and events organised by Sheffield Auction Gallery that may be of interest to you;
- providing you with information about special features on the Website or any services or products or related information from third parties, which we believe may be of interest to you;
- providing and personalising our products or services;
- Informing you about the outcome of your bids;
- providing you access to all parts or features of our services or the Website;
- communicating with you on any matter relating to the provision of Sheffield Auction Gallery auctions or other services;
- dealing with your inquiries and requests, including contacting you if necessary;
- carrying out our obligations arising from any contracts entered into between you and us;
- processing your payments;
- contacting you for your views on our services and notifying you occasionally about important changes or developments to our services or the Website;
- notifying you about changes to our services;
- carrying out market research campaigns;
- improving and developing our services or the Website;
- ensuring that content from our Website is presented in the most effective manner for you and for your computer or mobile device;
We may also use your personal information, or permit selected third parties to use your data, to provide you with information about goods and services which may be of interest to you and we or they may contact you about these by email, post or telephone.
If you prefer not to receive information from Sheffield Auction Gallery or from its selected third parties for marketing purposes, please tick the relevant box situated on the form on which we collect your data, (e.g. the order form or registration form) if applicable, or send an email to email@example.com at any time.
We may also gather information and statistics, for the purposes of monitoring the usage of the Website and our services and may provide such aggregate information to third parties. These statistics will not include information that can be used to identify you.
3. INFORMATION SECURITY
We have put in place various security procedures with regards to the Website and your electronic communications with us, as set out in this policy.
Please be aware that communications over the internet, such as emails/webmails are not secure unless they have been encrypted. Your communications may route through a number of countries before being delivered - this is the nature of the World Wide Web/internet.
We cannot accept responsibility for any unauthorised access or loss of personal information that is beyond our control.
We believe that we have appropriate policies, rules and technical measures to protect the personal data that we have under our control (having regard to the type and amount of that data) from unauthorised access, improper use or disclosure, unauthorised modification, unlawful destruction or accidental loss.
All of our employees and data processors that have access to, and are associated with, the processing of your personal information are obliged to respect the confidentiality of our visitors' information.
4. TO WHOM WILL YOUR INFORMATION BE DISCLOSED?
- to regulatory bodies for the purposes of monitoring and/or enforcing our compliance with any regulatory rules/codes or where required by law, regulation or legal proceedings;
- to a competent authority in response to a valid, legally compliant request by a competent authority;
- to our employees;
- where we, or an affiliate processing your data on our behalf, are compelled to do so by law;
- to other third party consultants, contractors or other service providers who may access your personal information when providing services (including but not limited to IT support services) to us;
- to prospective sellers or buyers of our business or any of our assets.
Sheffield Auction Gallery takes reasonable precautions to ensure that any personal information which you provide, is used only for the purposes set out in these conditions. However, the internet is not a completely secure network and Sheffield Auction Gallery cannot guarantee that such information will not be intercepted by other parties.
5. YOUR RIGHTS OF ACCESS IN RELATION TO YOUR INFORMATION
You can write to us at any time to obtain a copy of your information and to have any inaccuracies corrected. Where appropriate, you may have your personal information erased, rectified, amended or completed. Please write to Sheffield Auction Gallery, Windsor Road, Heeley, Sheffield, South Yorkshire, S8 8UB, United Kingdom, or email us firstname.lastname@example.org and please quote your name and address.
We should be grateful if you would also provide brief details of the information of which you would like a copy or which you would like to be corrected (this helps us to more readily locate your data).
We will require proof of your identity before providing you with details of any personal information we may hold about you. We may charge a reasonable fee to cover the administration costs involved in providing you with a copy of your information.
You may disable cookie support on your browser but be aware that by doing so, you may lose certain features that require a cookie to work properly. We may use the information collected by the cookie to provide us with various statistics without identifying any individual.
Please contact us at email@example.com if you require information about disabling any cookies on the Website.
In the event that the purposes for processing your personal information change, we will contact you as soon as practicable and seek your consent for the new purposes, where such new purposes relate to a new additional purpose for processing, which is not compatible or similar to the originally specified purposes.
8. THE DATA PROTECTION ACT 1998
Sheffield Auction Gallery is registered as a Data Controller under the terms of the Data Protection Act 1998 (the "Act") and we ensure we comply with all the protections the Act affords to you. Our registration number is 06811541.
9. USE OF YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION SUBMITTED TO OTHER WEBSITES
We are not responsible for the privacy policies and practices of other websites, even if you accessed the third party website using links from our Website.
We recommend that you check the policy of each website you visit and contact the owner or operator of such website if you have concerns or questions.
Copyright © 2018 Sheffield Auction Gallery